A step- by step guide on how to check your NSFAS status for applicants who are finding difficulty in getting it done.
- Before we start, it is important that the applicants know that the application results will be communicated to all applicants once NFSA receives confirmation from the institution that an academic offer has been made to you.
- The applicants must note that the process takes some time to be successful, so patience is crucial.
- NFSAS has committed to informing all applicants of their decisions before starting the academic year. Communication will be done through the following communication platforms: SMS, email, and the applicant’s myNSFAS account. So applicants should ensure that they put the correct details of their cell phone numbers and email addresses to avoid unnecessary errors that could cost them.
- Applicants should keep their contact details updated to ensure that all is well from their side. Also, the reference number provided after submitting the application is sent via email.
- Applicants should familiarise themselves with the platform by carefully reading what is written on the portal. This will allow them to click on the correct component.
- The application status process on NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za to log into their myNSFAS account
- It is important that you keep your username and password handy for the purpose of signing in to the platform provided by NSFAS. You will use the same login details from the time you created your account or completed your application. If you forget your password, the platform has an option for the applicant can create a new password. One can follow the easy steps to find out about applications online using a cell phone, a tablet, or a computer.
After ensuring that all the above steps are in place, proceed with the following steps to fulfil the process.
Login to access your application status on the myNSFAS student portal
- Use the link provided: www.nsfas.org.za to login
- Sign in by entering your username and password
- Click SIGN IN!
- Click on Track Funding Progress.
I have provided additional platforms that are regarded as the NSFAS virtual centres that the applicant can communicate by sending NSFAS a direct message.
Facebook: National Financial Aid Scheme
The toll-free number for NSFAS IS 0800067327.