This article discusses the university’s application process with a full focus on admission status tracking procedures, application fees and application deadlines.
SPU Application process
Sol Plaatje University has a simple and easy-to-follow application process. The application process occurs entirely online at the university’s website. For optimal experience, applicants are advised to use a computer or laptop to access the institution’s website.
Students intending to study at the university can apply by undertaking the following steps:
1. Visiting the institution’s website, available at spu.ac.za. Alternatively, one can head straight away to the application portal using the link https://ienabler.spu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login?numtype=S
2. Fill in biographical information in the subsequent window. Biographical information typically includes names, citizenship codes, identity numbers, home languages, passport numbers (for international students), home addresses, email addresses and grades pertaining to high school studies, date of matriculation and date of birth.
3. At the portal, applicants must also create their login credentials for subsequent logins, i.e. pin and reference number. The latter is automatically generated by the online application system upon the submission of biographical information
4. Applicants are also required to read and accept the institution’s online academic application rules
For the application process, Sol Plaatje University usually requires the following documents:
- Identity Card
- Affidavit (usually used as an attestation of previous studies at a tertiary institution upon matriculation). Also, where applicable, the institution uses this document to confirm that an applicant has never been enrolled at a tertiary institution of learning after the completion of high school.
- A copy of academic transcript(s). This document is submitted along with a certificate of conduct. Both documents are issued by the previous institution of study.
- Previous qualifications obtained (i.e. a degree or certificate).
- Matriculation certificate and high school results (Grade 12 results).
- Letter of motivation (some postgraduate programmes may require this document).
The university also requires that international students subject their qualifications to evaluation by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and the Matriculation Board.
These documents are uploaded to the university’s online application portal in the course of applying for admission placement into the school.
Check SPU application status.
Sol Plaatje University has simplified the process of tracking admission applications. As a result, applicants who want to know the status of their applications can easily do so online at the university’s admission application portal in the following steps.
Step 1: Interested applicants log on to the institution’s admission portal at https://ienabler.spu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login?numtype=S
Step 2: In the subsequent window, the applicant supplies login credentials, which are student number and pin, to access the portal.
Step 3: In the subsequent window, look for and click on ‘Student Enquiry’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Academic Admissions Status’. Application status displays upon the completion of this step.
The university usually communicates its decisions on admission applications within four weeks from submission date. In some cases, decisions may arrive earlier for applicants who have submitted all required documents as at when stipulated.
SPU application deadline
Sol Plaatje University is currently accepting admission applications for placement into any of its programmes from interested individuals. The current admission application cycle is scheduled to end on November 30, 2023.
SPU application fee
Sol Plaatje University charges no application fee. As such, prospective students need not worry about application fee charges in the course of preparing applications for admission placement into the institution.