University of Pretoria (UP) is known for its excellence in different fields of academic studies. It is one of the best in the African continent as a whole. The institution has seven campuses and comprises nine faculties, namely, the faculties of Humanity, Education, Economic and Management Sciences, Natural and Agricultural sciences, Health Sciences, Veterinary Science, Theology and Religion, Law and Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology. Within these faculties can be found over 120 departments.
What Programmes Make the University of Pretoria (UP) Offer?
The University of Pretoria offers undergraduate programmes, postgraduate programmes, UP online programmes and short courses.
How To Check University of Pretoria Application Status?
You cannot skip the application process if you want to track your application status. It is a step-by-step procedure.
To check your application status, you will have to follow the rules below. This will tell if an applicant’s application was successful and if they will officially get the chance to be a student in the noble institution.
Step 1: Visit the University of Pretoria using the link below;
Step 2: Enter the required username and password. Submit it by clicking on the submit button. This will enable you to log in.
A successful applicant should proceed to the University admission portal to check further information and accept or reject the course given.
Who Qualifies To Apply University of Limpopo (UL)?
Those who can apply for the University of Limpopo (UL) are;
- First-time University of Pretoria (UP) applicants
- Applicants who previously applied were rejected or were given admission but failed to register.
- University of Pretoria (UP)students are changing their course of study.
What Are The Required Supported Documents Needed For the University of Pretoria (UP) Application?
There is some important information and documents that you cannot do away with when applying and will therefore need the following;
- A personal email address
- A certified copy of the South African ID/ Passport number
- An approved duplicate or copy of school qualifications
- Student Number (EMPLID)
- A receipt or proof of the application fee
- A copy of their final grade results is required during application.
- Copies of academic records of previous institutions attended must be provided.
All other required supporting documents must be uploaded as well during application.
How Much Are You Supposed To Pay Application Fee For the University of Pretoria (UP)?
A non-refundable application fee of R300 has to be paid into the University of Pretoria (UP) bank account. You must get a certified copy or proof of payment in a PDF file. This will be attached and uploaded with other supporting documents.
How Many Programmes Are You Supposed To Choose When Applying For the University of Pretoria (UP)?
Applicants are of free will to choose two programmes they wish to read, that is, their first and second choices. It is therefore mandatory to fill in the first and second choices when your preferred programmes are applied.
All prospective students must apply only once.
How Do You Apply For University Of Pretoria (UP)?
To start the application, you will have to follow the steps below;
Step 1: Visit the University of Pretoria website using the link below;
Step 2: Applicants must give the correct answer to questions on the form and fill the blank spaces with an asterisk. All other important information and supporting documents must be added and uploaded during the application and the payment of fees.
Step 3: You will receive your student number (EMPLID) once you complete the application form and submit it. You will also receive more information on accessing the school’s portal for further notice.
Incomplete information will cause your application not to be processed. Applicants must make sure they apply within the stipulated date provided by the institution and not after the deadline.
What Are The Important Things You Should Take Notice Of?
You must take note of the following when applying;
- You must have a personal email address when applying.
- University of Pretoria (UP) does not involve third parties like an agent or representatives with the school’s application process. You do so at your own risk. The University of Pretoria won’t take responsibility for any spam or fraudulence. All important notices will be sent to your email address directly.
- All applicants must apply only once.
- You must provide the required information on the application form, especially the blank spaces with asterisks.
- A copy of receipt or proof of the application fee must be uploaded together with other required supporting documents to render your application complete; it can be processed.
- Make sure you apply early and on time, not after the deadline for application. Applying late or after the deadline will render your application to be rejected.