The Vaal University of Technology allows applicants to check on the status of their admission applications easily and without external assistance.
VUT application status
To do so, applicants completed the following steps:
- Visit the institution’s website, www.vut.ac.za
- Click on the ‘admissions new students’ feature on the site
- Select ‘check your application status
- Submit a login credential, which is either a student number or an identification number.
How to apply VUT online
Students applying to study at the Vaal University of Technology can do so at the institution’s online application system, iEnabler. The iEnabler platform is available at ienablerprod.vut.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login Access is available only to registered users. To access the portal, applicants will need to submit login credentials, which are student number and pin.
VUT application dates
Application dates vary across degree programmes. However, the following dates typically apply:
September 30 closing date for admission applications
October 31 closing date for residence applications
VUT application requirements
Students looking to apply for admission into any programme offered by the Vaal University of Technology need to have the following documents:
For South African students:
- South African national identity document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 or Grade 12 results (certified copy)
- Certificate of conduct (for applicants who had previously enrolled for studies at a tertiary institution)
- Any other relevant formal qualification recognised by the institution.
For international students:
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluation report of non-South African qualifications.
- Study permit
- International passport
The institution’s basic general admission requirement for South African students is the possession of a Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification. Detailed information on admission requirements can be retrieved from faculty admission brochures available at https://www.vut.ac.za/courses-and-programmes/
How much is the application fee at VUT
The admissions application policy of the Vaal University of Technology requires that students applying to study at the institution pay a non-refundable application fee of 100 South African Rand. This fee charge, which is payable by bank deposit, postal order or bank guaranteed cheque, is an essential requirement, as applications submitted without the proof of application fee payment are not considered by the university. It is useful to note that the application fee charged by Vaal University of Technology changes every academic year.